The customer was looking for a product management software that helps them to create a single source of truth for their product roadmap plans, thus aligning the product team and all other stakeholders.
- Capture and organize their customers’ feedback.
- Identify themes from customer feedback and idea backlog.
- Prioritize features with respect to customer requests & business drivers.
- Manage roadmaps at a central location.
CloudEagle’s data-backed insights helped them choose the best product management software suitable for their team’s needs. This helps them bring together information from various sources and to develop better features and products.
CloudEagle platform scanned through our database of 10M reviews, 200k case studies, and 150k applications data to shortlist three vendors Productboard, Prodpad, and Aha which met their requirements.
When should a customer choose Productboard?
Productboard is ideal for teams whose product direction is greatly influenced by the user’s product feedback and requirements. The platform supports aggregation and segmentation of product feedback and client requirements from multiple channels, automatic tying of feedback to particular features, feature prioritization, and sharing roadmaps with customers and internal stakeholders. It also provides the ability to validate feature ideas, thus closing the feedback loop.
Integrates with 100s of applications, such as JIRA, Salesforce, Microsoft, Slack, and open APIs.
- Shareable, agile, and customizable product roadmaps, based on customer feedback and tailored to each stakeholder’s unique needs.
- Helps align the roadmap with company objectives and customer requirements, by scoring features by value/effort.
- Very visual, easy to use platform
- Excellent customer support
- Scoring equations for prioritization are less flexible.
- Fewer number integrations compared to competitors.
- Limited reporting.
Over 5,400 companies, including Pipedrive, Zoom, Zendesk, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need.
Essentials: $20 per maker/month
Pro plan: $60 per maker/month
Scale & Enterprise plan: Custom pricing
When should a customer choose Prodpad?
Customers who want the power of objective-based lean roadmapping (Now/Next/Later format of the roadmap) and product lifecycle management features like user feedback portal and analysis, product backlog, and roadmapping. The priority chart feature helps you to pick out valuable product ideas to validate and filter down by customer desire, freshness, level of detail, and team votes. Prodpad doesn’t offer timeline roadmaps, complex weighted scoring, and feature voting by customers like Productboard.
ProdPad integrates with 1000+ apps, including Azure DevOps, Confluence, Doorbell.io, GitHub, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Rally, Slack, TFS, Trello, Uservoice, and Zapier for a seamless experience.
- The lean roadmapping capability helps to focus on what and why rather than getting stuck on timelines/Gantt charts.
- Focus is on planning and idea management which helps you to spot the best ideas in your product backlog.
- Cost-effective when scaling up.
- Long and complex roadmaps in ProdPad can be difficult to navigate.
- When the number of user stories and ideas builds up, it is difficult to get a quick summarized view and appears muddy.
Major customers include 15five, Productmaven, and Clearvision.
Prodpad pricing is based on modules and power-ups.
RoadMap module: $20 per editor/ month
Ideas module: $20 per editor/month
Feedback module: $20 per editor/month
When should a customer choose Aha!?
Aha is a better option for customers who prefer to have a platform rich with project management and collaboration features.
Aha helps you to set strategies, capture customer ideas, prioritize features, create customer personas, track competitions, track ROI & budget, and create a roadmap view that can be shared easily. It also includes capacity planning, time tracking, and burndown charts. The software also allows marketing teams to coordinate activities.
Aha is more suitable for large organizations.
Jira, Slack, Azure DevOps, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and Zendesk.
- Plenty of features including project management capabilities.
- Features for both marketing and product teams.
- It provides a high level of customization – statuses, fields, workflows, layouts, tables.
- It is overwhelming for small customers.
Databricks, Genesys, RedHat, Tibco, and Webflow.
The customer chose the ProductBoard platform as it suited their agile team which tends to emphasize on customer research, prioritization, and product road mapping work. The reviews are excellent and have a lot of similar-sized companies as customers.
Thanks to CloudEagle, the customer saved several weeks of research time on reviews and vendor websites. This helped free up time to do more strategic tasks.